Re: (ASCEND) v.90 code stable yet?

Hi Gavin,

At 17:49 21/08/98 +1000, Gavin Cato wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>I have 4 Max4000's here running 6.0.0 quite well (uptime of 80+ days on
>most of them)

I can understand your hesitation to meddle with that which works ;-)

>I'm now being pressured to provide v.90 support - I'd just like to get
>some opinions first of all on the stability of the code before I put it on
>one of the Max's.

We took the plunge yesterday morning (5.0 to 6.1.7).  So far, life is good:
no users revolting (well, no more than usual ;-), no signs (yet) of memory
or IP Pool leaks <FX: looks for wood for touching>

>We aren't doing anything tricky with these boxes - just 60 modems in each
>one with a few ISDN customers.

Sounds familiar.

Regards,
Neale.