(ASCEND) Maxen give users fast busy, or won't answer.

Over the past few days we have had a few complaints of busy signals when
our system has not been busy.  On investigation, we found that one-half of
one terminal server (24 lines) {1 PRI} was occasionally responding with a
busy signal or not responding at all (no modem connect tones after the line
was picked up). (max 4000 +5.0Ap33+)

First we called the telco they pointed the finger to the unit. Then we
called ascend. They pointed to the telco.

Ascend had recomend that we clear the flash and reload the configuration.
reboot this seemed to work for the max one box.

 Two days later we had the same problem with our first terminal server (max
4048 +5.0Ap33+)

Yet again we cleared the flash and reload the configuration. reboot this
seemed to work for the max two box.

Any ideas what could cause this problem?

Sincerely,
--
Regards,
-Michael Lewis (ML5468)

477 Queen St. E., Suite 305
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Canada  P6A 1Z5

Phone 	+1.705.253.4700
Fax	+1.705.949.1824
E-mail  lewism@soonet.ca
Teleporter Coordinates:  046-42-21 084-16-35