Re: One bug, and a suggestion

David J. Bianco writes:
 > Wow, seems like ODU is an isolated case of people who fear death! 8) How silly
 > of us! 8)  I retired my character at 30th level because he was too powerful.
 > However, that doesn't mean I enjoy playing at low levels all the time.  I
 > tend to use this as a roleplaying game more than a hack&slash adventure, so
 > if my character dies, I get annoyed.  Since my last message, I decided to add
 > the loss of 1 Con point (a la AD&D) when you are resurrected.  If you don't
 > have Con, you don't get resurrected.  This should keep some of the game
 > more evenly balanced.  Previously, there was no penalty for a 1st level
 > death other than going to 0 exp (no big deal).   Now I feel it's more fair.
 > However, I have this whole death thing set as a compile time option, so the
 > GM is free to set it to whatever he thinks appropriate.
 >
 > What the heck, we like it....

The problem is that the game is too easy at the moment and *I* feel
that making death a joke makes the game absolutely unplayable. Sure we
thought of fixing the death the way you did when we started, but once
people learned to be more careful there has been very little talk
about the death 'problem'.

Spoiler alert :")

About the loss of 1 point of con:
  Try drinking those blue potions with round dots on them :-)

++Anipa