Re: One bug, and a suggestion

Niilo Neuvo writes:

 > Level 10 character takes about 2 or 3 hours to create, what is the
 > difference if you die for good?
 >
 > btw. my previous char was at level 52 or so when it died (life saving is no
 > good if you waste spend it being paralyazed)...
 >
 > ++Anipa

Wow, seems like ODU is an isolated case of people who fear death! 8) How silly
of us! 8)  I retired my character at 30th level because he was too powerful.
However, that doesn't mean I enjoy playing at low levels all the time.  I
tend to use this as a roleplaying game more than a hack&slash adventure, so
if my character dies, I get annoyed.  Since my last message, I decided to add
the loss of 1 Con point (a la AD&D) when you are resurrected.  If you don't
have Con, you don't get resurrected.  This should keep some of the game
more evenly balanced.  Previously, there was no penalty for a 1st level
death other than going to 0 exp (no big deal).   Now I feel it's more fair.
However, I have this whole death thing set as a compile time option, so the
GM is free to set it to whatever he thinks appropriate.

What the heck, we like it....

	David