RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver (was: <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...)

I don't that you're exactly correct on the closed API
/file format issue of high-powered commercial apps.

Lets look at Photoshop:

Photoshop is widely acknowledged as one the best
commercial image manipulation program in existance.
Its file format, PSD, is understood by quite a few image
programs, including the GIMP.

Or Dreamweaver:

Well, Dreamweavers proprietary format for saving files
is HTML, a poorly documented proprietary language.  :P

The only thing is a bit weak is Office applications, most
importantly Microsoft Word.  I think a lot of the translating
problems for Linux apps is the OLE streams, which are kinda
funky.  But doesn't GNUmeric use the Excel format?

Nick Reinknig