RE: [TCLUG:17280] Any Covad users here?

Not quite.

I am attempting to get IDSL from Onvoy/Covad (lDSN line installed from US
West), like Jon's setup.  It's hard to tell where it's falling down, but
the combination to date has been very unpleasant.  I ordered over 3 months
ago, and have yet to get installed.  I think most of the problems exist
with the morons at US West (I believe that after 6 weeks, we are now back
to square one where they have figured that I don't have a line to the house
 --  duh).  Customer service has been godawful, and from all 3 parties (to
be fair, I think Onvoy might be swamped - staffing issues -- nice people
but the service still sucks).  It's hard to say because it's so
bureaucratic, and I'm not allowed contact with Covad or US West, and since
Onvoy does not call back (it's getting better after 3 months), I don't
always know what's going on (like US West said they'd be out Wednesday
between 8-5, no-show of course). I think someone else on the list took 8
months to get the same setup, so I've not room to claim the worst
experience.  Covad has already been out, and did the inhouse install and
left the router two months ago.

I'd look at roadrunner, but I don't know that AOL/Timewarner would be
better over time, and the hints that I've heard about capacity/speed issues
in other parts of the country make me nervous at looking at a
Roadrunner/TZO.com setup.

Thanks for the rant.

     - Dave