Vanilla List Maling List Archive

[VANILLA-L:1525] Re: [VANILLA-L:1516] Re: [VANILLA-L:1515] Re: Even more trouble.

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 10:39:35PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting Jeffrey Nowakowski (jeffno@ccs.neu.edu):
> > Tom Holub <doosh@best.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Do we want the stats in HTML, is the question.  I think it's
> > > completely obvious, and I personally refuse to spend any time at all
> > > trying to fit at much data as possible into 80 columns
> >
> > I agree with Tom on this issue.  I know I've sparred with him on the
> > past over the issue of posting the FAQ in html (which I do NOT care to
> > revisit) , but putting a table of data into simple html seems very
> > reasonable.
>
> First, I'd like to see the stats in a "real" database,  mySQL and mSQL
> jump to mind, but I do not know the license on them and yes, there is
> more setup/work to get them running, but the payoff would be great.
> Like phtml-ing stuff out of the database in a dynamic fashion.
>
> But a good second, could be simple comma-seperated-values and a set of
> small tools to convert from csv to html. Or cvs2msql, etc.
>
> A good third would be tools to pull the stuff out of the old format
> into cvs or html.

I'm going to dump the entire stat database end_tourney.pl generates in
tab-delimited format so the statboys can do whatever they want with it.
That's just a few extra lines of code.  Actually doing stuff with it,
of course, is more complicated.
 -Tom
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++