Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3115] Monitoring Netrek Services

Can you have remote probes? It would be interesting to put some ping
probes remotely. This could be used to see if the server is lagging at
specific times of the day, or to check against when people email you and
complain about lag.

As for seeing if the server's actually up, this might be difficult. There
can be cases where strange problems occur and you can connect to the
server, but can't join a team, or everyone instantly ghostbusts, etc. But
just connecting to port 2591 should tell you in general if it's up.