Re: (ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching)

On Mon, Oct 20, 1997 at 12:33:53PM -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> OK, since others don't have this level of frustration....what could I/we do
> to help ?
> Kevin

Improve the wait time on hold for help.  As it is right now, even
the *INTERNIC* beats your hold time.  They've improved to the point where
I speak to a live human within five minutes of dialing the number, and
the last two times i've called, I can ask for a specific person, and get
stuff *DONE*.

We're sure spending a heck of a lot more money with Ascend than we are
with the InterNIC.  It would be nice if that was reflected in the way
customers are treated when they call for support.

(currently dealing with P50s appearing out of thin air via FedEx, and
 an RMA department that didnt seem to be able to understand "It's a DC-powered
 MAX, make sure you send me a *D*C* replacement."  Nope, the next day I got
 an AC MAX 4004, and had to call AGAIN to have the correct model sent.
 Oh, did I mention the almost $1,000,000.00 worth of K56Flex modem cards
 we were overshipped?  Having a couple extra modem cards is one thing, but
 two hundred forty of them?  At least Ascend is paying for return shipping.)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford     Senior Systems Engineer, BOFH
mrbill@texas.net     Texas Networking, Inc.