Re: (ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching)

At 02:37 PM 10/17/97 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, James Fischer wrote:
>
>>         Ascend may in fact have a lousy database, but I would say
>>         that it is quicker/easier to get through to an Ascend tech
>>         than it is to get through to a (for example) Cisco tech.
>>
>> james fischer                                jfischer@supercollider.com
>
>Hmm, I don't know about you, but I can talk to a real support person at
>Cisco faster than I can talk to a real (questionable) support person at
>Ascend, and that's without a contract.

We could take a vote on this, but it's OBVIOUS to me that different people are
seeing different results. Just read over the archives of all the mailing lists
and newsgroups, and you'll see testimonials from all sides. All of us get
techs from the same "talent pool" and if you have had better luck with
vendor A
than vendor B - odds are that your neighbor had the opposite fortunes.

As James said - in his experience.....and Steve Camas.....no doubt there are
others to echo your sentiments too....

>It's gotten to the point where I
>refuse to call their technical support department because I don't have the
>time to wait.  I can find the info via other means (usually this mailing
>list) before I can get a call back from one of their representatives.

OK, since others don't have this level of frustration....what could I/we do
to help ?

Kevin