Re: (ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching)

> ....how comes you "get nothing at all" with Ascend ? (You must have seen
> postings from others who *do* get good results with Ascend support).

Well, I'll admit up front that we have no support contract.  On the
other hand, our three MAX 4004's and two copies of AAC are less than
a month old, and the advertised features that we bought them for
aren't working yet.  The main two are RADIUS <--> Kerberos
interaction and support for XRemote.

On the plus side for Ascend, the roving regional engineer came out to
get us started and was a big help in checking the provisioning of our
PRIs and giving a tour of the management interface.  But his
knowledge only goes so far.

Questions to support@ascend.com by email get an automated response
with a case number assignment and then, typically, zilch.  Phone
calls to the 800 number result in a return call about 6 or 7 in the
evening with no useful content except an instruction to call back at
the 800 number again, and the cycle repeats.