Re: (ASCEND) IP leaks in 6.1.3 AND 7.0b0

Agreed, I'm in the same boat as all of you, Myself and my network have
awaited a stable release for the Max's for 2 months, as everyone else w/
3com equipment upgrades to V.90, I sit and watch, I don't think I need
to detail to any of you just how frustrating this is.

You are not alone, I have about 500Maxs, thats a pretty large investment
and I'm one of Ascends largest customers, I'm not happy and my users are
not happy. BUT..

I've worked very close with Ascend engineering in the past and in the
present, I can tell you that there is a new attitude in engineering they
are working very diligently in getting all of us a stable release. Why
it's taking so long, I have no idea, maybe a lack of resources or maybe a
lack of organized procedures, I can't say as to when there will be a solve
all release for all of us, as with each release it may fix some of us and
break others.

Myself I've been handed release after release, and I may have the release
now that I've been looking for now over 2 years, well unless a new
protocol comes out.

and stop allowing marketing to make them push out code/equipment that is
now ready just to be first and give these engineering the time they need
to properly regression/test all new OS's they would make a lot of us
happy. Engineering is not the ones at fault here, it's Ascend marketing
in my opinion that is making engineering release this buggy code.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)