Re: (ASCEND) MAX-->CISCO ISDN connexion

At 09:42 AM 5/14/97 +0200, David Ramahefason wrote:
>On Tue, 13 May 1997, Kevin Smith wrote:
>
>> See the FAQ item #6a for some hints on this, and if it is still unclear
>> then let us know.
>
>mmm... what #6a stands for ??? :)

See the FAQ mentioned in the bottom of every mailing list posting...it will
be clear what #6a means then...

>> >And the other probs, is if I set Eithet in the encaps option (instead of
>> >PAP or CHAP), some of our ISDN customers can't log in anymore.....
>>
>> Probably the infamous CHAP/RADIUS/UNIX conflict....?
>>

>Uhhh... haven't heard about this.... yet

That's also discussed on the FAQ, and has been discussed here in the mailing
list a few times in the past. There is an archive of the mail-list
(searchable)
at http://www.nexial.nl/cgi-bin/ascend where you could search for more
information too.

>> >Tought
>> >Either meant PAP, CHAP or None ..... am I wrong ?
>>
>> No, either means PAP or CHAP. It will cause the MAX to suggest CHAP first
>> (most secure), and if rejected by the remote side, will offer PAP. If that
>> is also rejected, it will clear the call.
>
>Doesn't seem to work well uh !

It works as designed, and per the relevant RFCs.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service