Re: (ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching)

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Matt Crawford wrote:

> > >         Ascend may in fact have a lousy database, but I would say
> > >         that it is quicker/easier to get through to an Ascend tech
> > >         than it is to get through to a (for example) Cisco tech.
> >
> > Hmm, I don't know about you, but I can talk to a real support person at
> > Cisco faster than I can talk to a real (questionable) support person at
> > Ascend, and that's without a contract.
>
> I agree with the latter writer, but the "real" support person I get
> at Cisco is almost invariably a complete idiot who wastes my time and
> garbles the problem description.  With Ascend I just get nothing at
> all.  It's easy to see why so many customers are switching IN EACH

//DEFEND ASCEND MODE ON

 OK, I hole heartedly disagree with this, I have many issues with Ascend
as many of you know, Those issues are with engineering, Now the TAC and
TECH-SUPPORT at Ascend that I deal with are Top-Notch, Many times better
than my experiences with Cisco, You may make the argument that I get
special attention cause I'm a large account not true, I call many times
into the que's just like you from home a lot with issues in regards to
pipelines, 1800's and sometimes Max's. I've been working with Ascend TAC
support for over 18 months, and I've probably initiated several hundred
calls, Every time I have received excellent support.

// ASCEND DEFENSE MODE OFF

// FLAME ASCEND MODE ON

 Remember they can only do so much, If the product is fundamentally broken
from engineering it's hard to support a product like that. They do they
best they can. (What we need is a que into engineering)

I can see it now " All Ascend Engineers are currently helping other
customers, Current hold time is 6 weeks " :)

// FLAME ASCEND MODE OFF

Jason